Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Look, New Objective

Hello Biggies and Loyal Players of the Big Trivia Show.

Are you familiar with KISS? If not, KISS is a modern acronym for the empirical principle

"Keep it Simple, Stupid".

KISS states that simplicity should be a key goal and that unnecessary complexity should be avoided.

It is a principle whose origins can be traced back to such “simpletons” as Albert Einstein and Leonardo Da Vinci. They believed in the montra stated above and after giving it some thought, so do I. Furthermore, after judging the lack of participation in the comment section, so do most of you.

Bottom line is, I guess I am putting way too much thought into this Blog and for what?

Absolutely nothing.

I have a four year degree in Journalism. That might explain why I tend to ramble and try to tell a story or relay an interesting anecdote. It’s what I’m trained to do. That’s me, not you. Perhaps for the good of s all. I just need to simplify things.

That’s what I’m going to do starting now. No more meat, just mashed potatoes, butter, and sour cream, chives, and bacon bits.

Before I officially enact this change, we have some other business that I need to address.

I realize this decision will not go over well with everyone but it’s a decision I have decided had to be made.

The Phraze That Payz will no longer be a scramble and it will be worth 3 points. It also may be any length.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe in rewarding loyalty.

Therefore:

For those who want to gain extra points, I feel it will still be worth finding the Phraze in this blog every week. I am also hopeful the less involved Blog will bring more people to it (if that makes sense).

Also, there is an email list as well. If you do not currently belong, please email me at steadman@earthtrivia.com and I will add you to the list. Once a week, I send out a password that is worth one point on your overall score in the three round game.

Plus, there are always new player points to be had. That has not changed though certain restrictions do apply. Read the rules at the bottom of this entry.

I do want to say thanks for reading my ramblings over the past year. I tried to keep it interesting, relevant, and entertaining.

Enjoy the new simple setup.

Our BTS Team of the Week is…..EVERYTHING RHYMES WITH ORANGE

They will earn 3 extra points on their next quiz at SMOKEY BONES BAR AND FIRE GRILL.

You can catch the BIG Trivia Show at these wonderful locations!!

Monday at Wolfy’s On the Water beginning at 7pm.
www.wolfys.com

Tueday at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Waterford Lakes starting at 7:30pm.
http://www.smokeybones.com/

Wednesday at Gator's Dockside in Lake Mary (Lake Mary Blvd right past Lake Emma) now starting at 7pm
http://www.gatorsdockside.com/

Thursdays at Coasters Sports Pub inside Boardwalk Bowl for two exciting games beginning at 9pm!!
www.alomabowlingcenters.com/boardwalkbowl.html

Friday at Copper Rocket Pub in Maitland for Happy Hour Trivia beginning at 6pm!
www.copperrocketpub.com

This Week's Results:

Monday at Wolfys-One 3 Round Game ($15/$10/Picher of Beer&Wings)
1st Place -The Wolfpack (70)
2nd Place-A Renaissance of Sorts
3rd Place-Bruce and Janet


Tuesday at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill 2 Games ($20, $15, $10 both games)
1st Place-Angry Dwarves (72)/Everything Rhymes With Orange (45)
2nd Place- Last Game Together/Bye Bye Blondie
3rd Place-Angry Dwarves/Everything Rhymes With Orange

Wednesday @ Gators Dockside Lake Mary 2 Games ($20/$15/$10)
1st Place-STFU (66)/Give Me A Liter Cola (39)
2nd Place- Rectum, Damn Near Killed Em’/Monkey
3rd Place-My Dixie Wrecked/One Big Team

Thursday @ Coasters Sports Pub (inside Boardwalk Bowl) 2 Games ($25/$15/$10)
1st Place- Joe’s Penis is an Inny (61)/Bung’en Double D’s (42)
2nd Place- Kevin Owes Balding Sean Shots/We Need Carl back
3rd Place- Angry Masterbaters/Angry Masterbaters

Friday@ Copper Rocket Pub- One 3 Round Game ($15/Bud Pitcher/Bud Gadgets and Gizmos)
1st Place-Shiny Happy People (72)
2nd Place- I Like Beer
3rd Place- Engine Suckers/Rock Me Sexy Genius


Now for this week's PHRAZE THAT PAYZ!

SIMPLY WRITE THE PHRAZE BELOW ON YOUR ANSWER SHEET FROM ONE OF THE THREE ROUNDS AND RECEIVE 3 POINTS.

REMEMBER, THE PHRAZE IS ONLY ACCEPTED FOR THE THREE ROUND GAME ONLY!
GOOD LUCK!!


THE NFL IS BACK!

NEW PERSON POINTS LIMITED TO FIVE PER SHOW !! Please No repeats!! Once they are new, they cannot be used as new again. Just let me know and I will give it to you!

Thanks to all of the Big Trivia Show Venues and Congrats once again to our BTS Team of the Week....
EVERYTHING RHYMES WITH ORANGE

Change is good.

See ya at the shows!

No comments: