Monday, June 22, 2009

The End of an Era

Hello Biggies and Loyal Players of the Big Trivia Show.

Sunday was the official start of summer with the solstice. I always remember the solstice (at least I better) as it is the same day as my wedding anniversary.

Speaking of which, I had no idea that the restaurant where my wife and I had celebrated every anniversary dinner closed for business. And if that didn’t suck enough by itself, I found this information out on the day of our anniversary.

We still celebrated our sixth year of marriage with a wonderful dinner but it just wasn’t the same. I am hopeful our place will reopen someday as it was a staple of the Orlando dining scene for many years, but for now, we are in search of a new place to call “ours”.

Enough of the sentimental stuff, let’s focus on the arrival of another summer season. To say it’s been a hot one would be an understatement. I am not looking forward to my next power bill if you know what I mean. However, I am looking forward to my trip to Pennsylvania this weekend! It’s a quick Friday to Monday jaunt to the not so frozen north and an awesome time to do it plus it’s always good to see my family.

This will not be my only summer vacation but more on that next week! Have a great summer and stay cool!!

Don’t forget to make your plans to join the BTS at Volcano’s Friday July, 10th at 7pm. We have had such a great time so far and there is talk of more “frequent” engagements. That is thanks to all of you! Let’s keep it up!

If you haven’t been, then it’s time to check it out! So make your plans to join me July 10th at 7pm. Remember, parking is free with validation!!

Yes, Volcano’s validates so you can play the game and hang downtown after and not even worry about paying for parking.

They are located at 133 S. Orange Ave between Pine and Church St right next to the brand spanking new Downtown Plaza Orlando. Their phone number is 407-404-6489.

I’ll see you on July 10th for another exciting Volcano’s show.

Now it’s time for our BTS Team of the Week. This week marked the return of our Tuesday night show at Smokey Bones after a couple of “Magical” weeks off. I am glad to report business picked up where it left off with a pair of stellar shows which featured stellar performances. Seriously, this award could have gone to at least 3 teams and…..wait a minute….I have had an epiphany! Why not give a piece of the award to 3 different teams? It’s never been done so that’s a good enough reason for me!

So, congratulations our BTS Teams of the Week….I’m the Queen of France, Nice Try and I Love New York!

They will earn 1 extra point each on their next quiz at Smokey Bones!

You can catch the BIG Trivia Show at these wonderful locations!!

Tuesday at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Waterford Lakes starting at 7:30pm.
http://www.smokeybones.com/

Wednesday at Gator's Dockside in Lake Mary (Lake Mary Blvd right past Lake Emma) now starting at 7pm
http://www.gatorsdockside.com/


Thursdays at Coasters Sports Pub inside Boardwalk Bowl for two exciting games beginning at 9pm!!
www.alomabowlingcenters.com/boardwalkbowl.html

Fridays at Volcano’s Coffee and Roastery for One stimulating Three Round Game, returning on June 12th at 7pm.
http://www.volcanoscoffee.com/

This Week's Results:

Tuesday at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill 2 Games ($20, $15, $10 both games)
1st Place-I’m the Queen of France/I’m the Queen of France (67pts)
2nd Place-Nice Try/Nice Try
3rd Place-We Love NY/We Love NY

Wednesday @ Gators Dockside Lake Mary 2 Games ($20/$15/$10)
1st Place—Star Whores/Testicular Corruption
2nd Place- Bumbling Belgium Boobs/Star Whores
3rdPlace-Van Gundy’s Final Mustache Ride/STFU

Thursday @ Coasters Sports Pub (inside Boardwalk Bowl) 2 Games ($25/$15/$10)
1st Place-Kevin Is Not Here (so we’ll win)/I Touched Jen’s No No Place
2nd Place- Angry Masterbaters/Passion Bucket
3rd Place- Passion Bucket/Kevin Does Donkey Shows

Friday@ Volcano’s Coffee Bar and Roastery- 2 Two Round Games ($10/$5/Prize Packs)
SEE YA ON JULY 10th!!

Now for this week's JUMBLE PHRAZE THAT PAYZ! Simply unscramble the five word jumble, and write it on your sheet.

THE PHRAZE IS WORTH 5 POINTS AND IS ONLY ACCEPTABLE FOR THE THREE ROUND GAME ONLY!

SIMPLY WRITE IT ONCE PER GAME ON YOUR ANSWER SHEETS .........GOOD LUCK!!
This Week's Theme.....Anniversary Letdown!
EVRNE
WKEN
NYSEBRA’
TAHUSEOSKE
ODCLES


Remember, any new person you bring will earn you ONE EXTRA POINT PER NEW PERSON!!

NEW PERSON POINTS LIMITED TO FIVE PER SHOW !! Please No repeats!! Once they are new, they cannot be used as new again. Just let me know and I will give it to you!

Thanks to all of the Big Trivia Show Venues and Congrats once again to our BTS Teams of the Week....I'm The Queen of France, Nice Try, We Love NY

You thought last week was great, just wait til this week!
See you at the shows!
Stay Hydrated!

Steads

No comments: