Sunday, November 30, 2008

More like Black "Fright-Day"

Hello New Biggies and Loyal Players of the Big Trivia Show!

Let me start by saying I truly hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was grat as always. We had about 35 family members, 3 turkeys, a Ham, and a butt load of side dishes. Everyone brought something so we were not anywhere close to being short on food and fun.

I made sure I got my fill becuase I knew there was something I had to do Friday morning that I had never done before. I had to get myself out of bed around 5AM to make sure I was one of the first to get my hands on a Hot Wheels Barbie Jammin Jeep down at Walmart for my baby girl on behalf of Santa Claus (wink wink). They only had a few so I knew it would be a challenge.

I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS IN FOR!!!!!!!!! I was there by 5:03am and was already S.O.L.

I walked around the store surround by hundreds of desperate souls much like myself. TV's, Clothes, Toys....shoot, you name it, it was on special and in short supply!

So, after wandering around awhile, I realized my quest was futile. I got the hell out of there quicker than you could say "Black Friday". I was home by 5:45 and back to bed by 5:50. Never before and never again!!! (Besides, there's always Cyber Monday right????:)

Now its time for our BTS Team of the Week. Once again, its never easy to choose just one team as their is no clear cut winner this week. That is why I have chosen to not focus on the "scores" as much as another important element, bringing new people with you.

I always enjoy seeing new faces with teams that have played previously. That tells me all I need to know about the show I perform every week. "Its alot of fun and I think so and so would like this as well." Either that or "Hey so and so? I need you to come to trivia with me so I can get extra points on my quiz and god knows you owe me!!"

Either way...I appreciate it! Our winner this week constantly brings new folks into the fold and those new folks have even brought new folks of their own. That's alot of folks!
Futhermore, being that this week was Thanksgiving, I thought it fitting that they brought 7 new people to the show. That's a Thanksgiving dining room full isn't it?

Congrats to this week's BTS Team of the Week! Gators Dockside players...
The South Pole Elves (Pictured)

Now for this week's winners!! First, here is where you can catch the BIG Trivia Show every weekday!!

Monday-Tue-Thur-Fri at Copper Rocket for Budweiser Happy Hour Trivia beginning at 5:30!!http://www.copperrocketpub.com/

And during the week!!

Tuesdays at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Waterford Lakes starting at 7:30pm.
http://www.smokeybones.com/

Wednesdays at Gator's Dockside in Lake Mary (Lake Mary Blvd right past Lake Emma)http://www.gatorsdockside.com/

Thursdays at Coasters Sports Pub inside Boarwalk Bowl for two exciting 3 round games beginning at 9pm!!
www.alomabowlingcenters.com/boardwalkbowl.html

*SPECIAL NOTE: You may have noticed that Rivals was removed from the weekely mentions. They have decided to forgo the show until January so it is not done for good, just for now. I want to thank Rivals for all they have done and I look forward to seeing my Rival's crew next month!

Attention cast aside Rivals Teams!! Don't forget you can catch the show on Tuesday's at Smokey Bones bar and Fire Grill at Waterford Lakes and Alafaya every Tuesday at 7:30pm and at Coasters (inside Boardwalk Bowl) every Thursday at 9pm!

Monday @ Rivals one (3 round) game and a round of sports trivia ($20/$15/$10)

1st Place--Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
2nd Place--Certified Erectors
3rd Place-- Beauty Knows No Pain

*Sports Challenge--1 round (10 Questions) $20 Winner Take All--
Products of the 80's (11 out of 20)

Tuesday @ Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill 2 Games ($20, $15, $10 both games)

1st Place-- Knights of Avalon/Stupid Raccon
2nd Place--Tofurkey, not Turkey/I was dropped of at a Nebraska Hospital
3rd Place--Mod Squad/We're not thankful for losing Game 1

Wednesday @ Gators Dockside Lake Mary 1 Game ($20/$15/$10)

1st Place--Arrogant Bastards
2nd Place--The Jive Turkeys
3rd Place--Double Vision

Thursday @ Coasters Sports Pub (inside Boardwalk Bowl) 2 Games ($25/$15/$10)

Thanksgiving. No Show This Week. I'll see you all this Thursday!

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday @ Copper Rocket 1 Game winner take all! ($15)

Mon--I Like Beer
Tue-- Polygamus Turkey Lips
Thurs--Turkey Day!!! No Show!
Fri-- The Seaward

Now, for this week's JUMBLE PHRAZE THAT PAYZ! Each word in this five word jumble will be worth three points with each word corresponding for a day of the week.Example...Monday-first word (+3), Tuesday-second word (+3), etc.

Remember, if you solve that days word (+3) AND the five word sentence (+1), You will get a total score of (+4). The Phraze will be added to your final overall score.

YOU CAN USE THE PHRAZE ONCE PER GAME (if applicable) GOOD LUCK!!

This week's Phraze That Payz Theme ...What I think of The day after Thanksgiving.

Monday- +3 LKACB
Tuesday-+3 IYFDRA....
Wednesday-+3 UYRTL
Thursday--+3 SNAAT'S (Clue...."not claus")
Friday- +3 NCAOITRE

_ _ _ _ _ (+1)

Also, any new person you bring will earn you ONE EXTRA POINT PER NEW PERSON!!Please No repeats!! Once they are new, they cannot be used as new again. Just let me know and I will give it to you!

Congrats again to our Team of the Week... THE SOUTH POLE ELVES!!!!

You thought last week was great, just wait til this week!!

See you at the shows!!

GOOD TIMES!

Steads

No comments: