Sunday, November 23, 2008

Feeling Thankful

Hello New Biggies and Loyal Players of the Big Trivia Show!

Another great week for the BIG Trivia Show is in the books and I have YOU to thank! It is about feeling thankful this week and that should be the focus. It was a year ago the month that I was doing something completely different than trivia. For eight years, I was a loyal employee of Clear Channel radio as a producer and on-air "talent". Well, the economy spares no one from its wrath and I was a casuality of the dreaded budget cut. Thankfully, I made a good friend while in radio. Every week, Curtis Earth would come in on Friday's and do a round of trivia for the listeners. We struck up a friendship and his phone call was one of the first made after the "Layoff". I was an admirer of what Curtis had built over the past 15 or so years and felt that it was something I would be good at. Plus, it was a job and I needed one badly. So, since December '07 this has been my professional life and it has been a blast! I am often asked if I miss my old radio life. My honest answer is NO! This is more personal, more rewarding. I look forward to each and every show because I get to see and have fun with my friends. How many jobs can offer that? It is for this, for you, I am thankful. I know the economy has been tough on all of us. Everyone has felt its effects and I know my story is one of many. I just hope for a couple hours a week, I can help take your mind off of it for a little while. This is my reward.

Now its time for our BTS Team of the Week. This team has many different variations but they always represent. Sometimes they are only two, other times they expand to four or five. They welcome new members and share the winnings with all. Plus, they play every day at Copper Rocket, not just once or twice a week! They are addicted, but this is an addiction we can all appreciate! I am thankful for you all, but this week I want to give big thanks to this week's BTS Team of the Week........I LIKE BEER!!

You are Copper Rocket ICONS!! Now, if only I could get a picture of you that would come out! Its kinda dark in there ya know:)

Now for this week's winners!!

First, here is where you can catch the BIG Trivia Show every weekday!! Remember, we also do a round of Sports Trivia at Rivals at halftime of the Monday Night Football game! Test your football knowledge and win a $20 Rivals Gift Certificate!!

Monday-Tue-Thur-Fri at Copper Rocket for Budweiser Happy Hour Trivia beginning at 5:30!!http://www.copperrocketpub.com/

And during the week!!
Monday at Rivals Sports Pub beginning at 7:30pm!!
http://www.rivalssportsbarandgrille.com/

Tuesdays at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Waterford Lakes starting at 7:30pm.
http://www.smokeybones.com/

Wednesdays at Gator's Dockside in Lake Mary (Lake Mary Blvd right past Lake Emma)http://www.gatorsdockside.com/

Thursdays at Coasters Sports Pub inside Boarwalk Bowl for two exciting 3 round games beginning at 9pm!!
www.alomabowlingcenters.com/boardwalkbowl.html

Monday @ Rivals one (3 round) game and a round of sports trivia ($20/$15/$10)
1st Place--The Smurfs are Communists
2nd Place-- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
3rd Place-- The Doctors
*Sports Challenge--1 round (10 Questions) $20 Winner Take All--- Who's on 1st (15 out of 20)

Tuesday @ Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill 2 Games ($20, $15, $10 both games)
1st Place-- Melting Pearls/All Proceeds go to a New Puppy in the White House
2nd Place--Steadman's my Baby Daddy/Melting Pearls
3rd Place--All Proceed's go to a New Puppy in the White House/Where's my Child Support?

Wednesday @ Gators Dockside Lake Mary 1 Game ($20/$15/$10)
1st Place--Interspecies Erotica
2nd Place--STFU
3rd Place--Duh

Thursday @ Coasters Sports Pub (inside Boardwalk Bowl) 2 Games ($25/$15/$10)
1st Place--I Peed in your Pool/Red and Blue Light Special
2nd Place--Playing for Free Money/ He Lost
3rd Place-- Voted for McCain/Man Piece

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday @ Copper Rocket 1 Game winner take all! ($15)
Mon--The Do-Nothing Liberals
Tue-- I Like Beer
Thurs--I Teabagged your Piano
Fri-- I Like Beer

Now, for this week's JUMBLE PHRAZE THAT PAYZ! Each word in this five word jumble will be worth three points with each word corresponding for a day of the week.

Example...Monday-first word (+3), Tuesday-second word (+3), etc.

Remember, if you solve that days word (+3) AND the five word sentence (+1), You will get a total score of (+4).

The Phraze will be added to your final overall score. YOU CAN USE THE PHRAZE ONCE PER GAME (if applicable) GOOD LUCK!!

This week's Phraze That Payz Theme ...Well Wishes!

Monday- +3 PHAPY
Tuesday-+3 SNHATKIIGGVN
Wednesday-+3 MORF
Thursday--+3 RHAET
Friday- +3 ITVARI
_ _ _ _ _ (+1)

Also, any new person you bring will earn you ONE EXTRA POINT PER NEW PERSON!!

Please No repeats!! Once they are new, they cannot be used as new again. Just let me know and I will give it to you!

Congrats again to our Team of the Week...!!! I LIKE BEER!!

You thought last week was great, just wait til this week!!

See you at the shows!!

GOOD TIMES!

Steads

No comments: