Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally its (almost) over!!!!!!!

Hello New Biggies and Loyal Players of the Big Trivia Show!



And down the stretch they come!!! By the time I update this blog next, we will have a new president and a new path for the country for the next four years.



May the best man win (btw, I am aware their are female presidential candidates on the ballot but....I digress).



Regardless, it is important to get your two cents in and vote!! I know the lines are long but I feeel it is worth the wait. I voted Wednesday, waited about an hour (not bad), and cast my opinion on how the next four years should go in this country. With that said...GO NADER!!!

(I kid I kid).



It was another great week for the BTS! I hope all had fun and will continue to come and compete for trivia victory glory!!



Like i said last week, I am always looking for ways to keep the show fresh therefore I decided to add a "Who Dat?" question to each round. I have also decided to mix and match the music that is played during the game. I posted a poll on both subjects and will continue to check it throughout the week and see how it goes. Much like the presidential election, it is too early to call so for those who voted..thanks!! For those who have not, cast your vote! The popular vote actually wins out here!!



As for this week's Big Trivia Show Team of the Week, I went with the flow and decided to make a "political decision". This week's recipiant(s) came in to Coasters a couple of weeks ago and played a heck of a game, finishing 3rd in our second game. However, the reason I am mentioning these guys is because of the impression they left on me while they were there. They we're all UCF students. We had a couple of future lawyers, poly sci's, and one member is studying to be a doctor. As impressive as that is, they were also split down the middle on who should be the next president of the United States. These guys were not shy on their opinions and each of their arguements were well presented and extremely eloquent and convincing for both sides.



Its people like this that excite me about our political system. Its good we don't agree on every single thing and that we have the right to have our opinions. There was only logic being discussed, not rumor or heresay. They all had their reasons and were well informed, much like each of you. They made me feel pretty good about the next generation who will fill the workforce over the next, well, four years.



It gives me great pleasure to announce that this weeks BTS Team of the Week is The Pathological Lawyers (pictured).



Thanks guys, you made this long election process much easier to take.



Now its time to acknowledge this weeks winners!!



First, here is where you can catch the BIG Trivia Show every weekday!!



Remember, we also do a round of Sports Trivia at Rivals at halftime of the Monday Night Football game! Test your football knowledge and win!!



Monday-Tue-Thur-Fri at Copper Rocket for Budweiser Happy Hour Trivia beginning at 5:30!!http://www.copperrocketpub.com/



And during the week!!



Monday at Rivals Sports Pub beginning at 7:30pm!!http://www.rivalssportsbarandgrille.com/



Tuesdays at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Waterford Lakes starting at 7:30pm.http://www.smokeybones.com/



Wednesdays at Gator's Dockside in Lake Mary (Lake Mary Blvd right past Lake Emma)http://www.gatorsdockside.com



Thursdays at Coasters Sports Pub inside Boarwalk Bowl for two exciting 3 round games beginning at 9pm!!www.alomabowlingcenters.com/boardwalkbowl.html



Monday @ Rivals one (3 round) game and a round of sports trivia ($20/$15/$10)



1st Place-- I can see Cuba from here

2nd Place-- Rivals Retards

3rd Place-- Big Blue Ones

Sports Challenge--1 round (10 Questions) $20 Winner Take All---

Mo, Larry and Curly (20 out of 20)



Tuesday @ Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill 2 Games ($25, $15, $10 both games)



1st Place-- All Proceeds to Palin's Wardrobe/Regeining team of the week

2nd Place-- I left the voting line after 2 1/2 Hours to play trivia/Blue Stripes

3rd Place-- Short Sale/Court, Brit, Josh, and Mark



Wednesday @ Gators Dockside Lake Mary 1 Game ($20/$15/$10)

1st Place--STFU

2nd Place-- Oprah's Minge

3rd Place--Only Me! JR E. Solo

Thursday @ Coasters Sports Pub (inside Boardwalk Bowl) 2 Games ($25/$15/$10)

1st Place--Electile Dysfunction/I Peed in ur Pool

2nd Place-- I Peed in ur Pool/Sam Hain

3rd Place-- Crystal's Long-Legged Bitches/We Came in 3rd

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday @ Copper Rocket 1 Game winner take all! ($15)

Mon--Legion of Doom

Tue-- Its Round 3, Don't be a Fish Taco

Thurs-- Puff and Stuff

Fri-- I LIke Beer



Now, for this week's JUMBLE PHRAZE THAT PAYZ!



Each word in this five word jumble will be worth three points with each word corresponding for a day of the week.



Example...Monday-first word, Tuesday-second word, etc.



Remember, if you solve that days word AND the five word sentence, I will give you one extra point. The Phraze will be added to your final overall score.



Remember, YOU CAN USE THE PHRAZE ONCE PER GAME (if applicable) GOOD LUCK!!



This week's Phraze That Payz Theme ...Who I voted for! I know you want to know so here it is...



Monday- +3 OTN'D

Tuesday-+3 MBLEA

Wednesday-+3 DAMATESN

I

Thursday--+3 DTVEO

Friday- +3 DRENA

_ _ _ I _ _ (+1)



Also, any new person you bring will earn you ONE EXTRA POINT PER NEW PERSON!! Please No repeats!! Once they are new, they cannot be used as new again. Just let me know and I will give it to you!



Remember there is still time to sign up for the First Annual Trivia Cruise coming up in January.For more information...http://www.gameshowradio.net/our_first_ever_trivia_cruise-sign_up_now!



Congrats again to our Team of the Week...The Pathalogical Lawyers!!!



You thought last week was great, just wait til this week!!



See you at the shows!!



GOOD TIMES



Steads

No comments: