Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Contest idea/Going on a Trip

Hello Biggies (old and new)!

As we reflect on another succesful week, I have decided to institute a new contest for the "Phraze That Payz" and the Word of the day. I like both concepts very much as it only rewards the loyal, dedicated players of the Big Trivia Show. However, as this show expands to include a daily Happy Hour crowd, I realized that one phraze per week is not sufficient. So therefore, I have come up with this new and exciting challenge.....

A 5 Word Phraze That Payz! (JUMBLE STYLE!!!!!)

As Styx once said......I have too much (clap clap) time on my hands!

Here's how it will work.

I will come up with a 5 word sentence or "phraze" at the beginning of each week with the 5 signifying the 5 days of the week that you can catch me live.

I will jumble each individual word with the first word being the one you descramble and use on Monday. The second you would descramble and use on Tuesday, etc.

As Don Henley said........Are you with me so far?

So, this week's Five Word Phraze That Payz (Jumble Style) Theme is "Taking a trip". I am leaving next Friday for a weekend in Pennsylvania to see my family. I will return Monday afternoon refreshed and full of vigor.

These Five words make up a sentence having to do with taking a trip. You must descramble the words one at a time and write each individual word on the corresponding day.

Here are the jumble words/sentence....

Monday-RENIALI

Tuesday-VTERLA

Wedensday-QRIESEUR

Thursday-TNPIAET

Friday-OELPEP

Good Luck! Each Individual Word is worth 3 extra points on your quiz. In addition, writing the complete sentence on your sheet on Friday will be qworth and additional point as well! 4 point Fridays if you will.

Alright, now that you are throughly intrigued, confused, frustrated, and over this blog, lets quickly run through this week's winners!

Paddy Murphy's on Tuesday saw "Eight Beers is not Enough" take home the prize in Game 1 and "Michelle" (with two L's) winning Game 2! What a boisterous crowd you were. Can't wait til next week!! Remember, the show starts at 8pm.

Coasters Sports Pub inside Boarwalk Bowl saw "I Peed in ur Pool" winning Game 1 by two points over "You Bitch, You Slut, You Whore". Yeah, it was fun!! Game Two went to "Supa Dupa Fupa" by two points over "Team Ramrod" in an excelerating contest!

I gotta ask....where are all of my (former) Bennigan's teams??? Disco Werewolves? Binary Ninjas? Smart Asses? and the rest??? We miss you and hope to see your smiling faces sometime soon!! Otherwise, The Pool Pe'ers will continue to never have to pay for one single drink! You're missing out!!

I'll see all of you Thursday Night at 9pm!

Finally, I've gotta give props to my ever growing but very loyal Copper Rocket crowd. Big thanks to "Beer Nads", "Partly Cloudy", and of course..."I Like Beer"! You guys make it happen and I want you to know I appreciate it! I also want to welcome "I Need a Beer" to the mix at Copper Rocket! I'm there Mon, Tue, Thur, and Fri from 530-7p for the "Happiest of Hours" so if you've been thinking of checking it out, this week is the week!

I want to let you know that my best friend Cornell will be filling in for me at Copper's on Friday and Monday so (don't) take it easy on him! He'll be ready!! Thanks Cornell, you are a true friend!

So, wish me luck on my northerly excursion. Leave a comment at the bottom of the blog so I know you were here, take the poll (hehe), and spread the good word of the Big Trivia Show to all you know! Remember, you get an extra point per new person you bring to play! Just gotta let me know they are new.

Until next week Biggies....Good Times

Steads

No comments: