Monday, January 19, 2009

What a week it will be (and has already been..)

Hello New Biggies and Loyal Players of the Big Trivia Show!

To say this week began ominously would be an understatement. With that said, I do want to extend my well wishes and best regards to the staff and crew at Rivals Sports Bar in Oviedo. Things are what they are right now and the decision to close a business is one of force not choice. That is a shame! As a business owner myself, I understand and sympathize. Keep a stiff upper lip and I know you'll bounce back bigger and better than ever.

History will be made as we the people inaugurate our 44th president of the United States and first black president Barack Obama. If you have kids, make sure they realize the signifigance of what they are witnessing. It is truly a special occasion and one worth noting.

History will also be made tomorrow but it will be buried under the Obama headlines and no, it is not special but is definately worth noting. It is likely that Clear Channel Communications will eliminate up to 30,000 jobs nationwide. For those who know me and to those who don't, I spent eight years as a radio personality with Clear Channel in Maitland before being laid off in Novemeber of 2007. I consider myself fortunate to be employed right now and I feel for the people who I consider friends, that are on the verge of going through absolute hell. Understand, I'm not taking about certain people who undeservingly make six figure salaries and frankly, have this coming. No, I'm referring to the people who live paycheck to paycheck. Don't let the pretense of working at Clear Channel fool you. Money doesn't grow on trees just because you can "crack a mic" and talk. For a chosen few, it does. For most, it does not. For the record, a great many of the "does not's" are much more deserving of that cash flow then those in the "does" crowd. Then again, isn't that true in most jobs? So, lets all wave goodbye to some of your favorite local talents and say hello to sterile generic mundane nationally syndicated corporate radio.

Clear Channel, you should be ashamed of yourselves, but unfortunately, you are unwilling to care. And to Mark Mays, enjoy your time in Hell. Its where you'll end up good buddy.

This week's schedule will once again be a limited one as I will be boarding the Carnival Inspiration on Thursday, joining Curtis Earth, Chris Cornell, Mike Horn, and many other trivia friends on a four day four night cruise to Cozumel. It should be a lot of fun! I will have pictures to post here on the BTB when I return. So, no Coasters or Copper Rocket show's this week. Everything else is will take place as scheduled.

I would be remiss if I didn't congratulate my favorite football team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, on their 7th Super Bowl apperence in team history. The Arizona Cardinals are a worthy opponent and it should be a hellova game! The only thing I can guarentee is this...there will be about 60,000 Steeler fans waving their Terrible Towels at Ray Jay on Feburary 1st. I wish I was one of them, but it is not to be. I will be perfectly content watching the game on my brand new 50 inch Panasonic plasma TV courtesy of Mrs Steadman and Little Steadman. Aren't they the best?

Now for our BTS Team of the Week. THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!!!!! GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!! (hehe)

Focus......I'm ok...........This week's team have been here before. this is not new territory for these former Bennigan's now Coaster's veterans. They've been chompin at the bit to get back at it since late Decemeber but it was not to be...until this week. They brought their "A" game and swept both 3 round games with relative ease. They are apparently not playing around in 2009.

Congratulations to our BTS Team of the Week...I PEED IN YOUR POOL!
They will receive 3 extra points on their overall score for being this week's winners!

Now for this week's winners!!

First, here is where you can catch the BIG Trivia Show!

Tuesdays at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Waterford Lakes starting at 7:30pm.http://www.smokeybones.com/

Wednesdays at Gator's Dockside in Lake Mary (Lake Mary Blvd right past Lake Emma) starting at 8pm
http://www.gatorsdockside.com/

Thursdays at Coasters Sports Pub inside Boarwalk Bowl for two exciting 3 round games beginning at 9pm!! (Back on 1/29/09)
www.alomabowlingcenters.com/boardwalkbowl.html

Fridays at Copper Rocket in Maitland starting at 5:30pm (back on 1/30/09)
http://www.copperrocketpub.com/

Tuesday at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill 2 Games ($20, $15, $10 both games)
1st Place—Pink Panthers /Zachery Harrison
2nd Place- Shank Face/ Six days til Someone's Birthday
3rd Place- County Line Hookers/Team Awesome


Wednesday @ Gators Dockside Lake Mary 1 Game ($20/$15/$10)
1st Place-Catalina Wine Mixers
2nd Place- STFU
3rd Place-Birthday Party Folks

Thursday @ Coasters Sports Pub (inside Boardwalk Bowl) 2 Games ($25/$15/$10)
1st Place-I Peed in your Pool/I Peed in your Pool
2nd Place- Furmunda Magic/
3rd place- Dwight Howard's Love Child

Friday @ Copper Rocket 1 Game winner take all! ($15)
1st Place-Fat Kids Love Ham
2nd Place- Triva Commandos
3rd Place- Encyclopedia Brown and Nancy drew

Copper Rocket Secret Password Bud Light Pitcher Winner-- I Like Beer

Now for this week's JUMBLE PHRAZE THAT PAYZ!

Unscramble each word and new for 2009.....receive FIVE EXTRA POINTS ON YOUR OVERALL SCORE.

YOU CAN USE THE PHRAZE ONCE PER GAME (if applicable) .........GOOD LUCK!!

This week's Phraze That Payz Theme ... This week's events

UTONIAARGNUI
ILCTOSHIAR
RLEAC
NLCENHA
EBPDISAECL

Write out the entire phraze to receive your 5 points!

Remember, any new person you bring will earn you ONE EXTRA POINT PER NEW PERSON!!

NEW PERSON POINTS LIMITED TO FIVE PER SHOW !! Please No repeats!! Once they are new, they cannot be used as new again. Just let me know and I will give it to you!

Thanks to all of the Big Trivia Show Venues and Congrats once again to our Team of the Week......I PEED IN YOUR POOL!!

You thought last week was great, just wait til this week!!

Click her and become my Facebook buddy!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=1521120995&ref=profile

See you at the shows and Bon Voyage!

Steads

No comments: