Monday, June 30, 2008

Business is about to pick up round here

Hello Biggies,

First, I want to thank each and every darn one of you who came to the inagural show at Paddy Murphy's in Baldwin Park. At the risk of jinxing myself, I have a really good feeling about that venue! I think I may have found a nice long-term home. I will say, it helps that they are not a franchise and therefore have vision......what? too harsh?

Anyway, congrats to our first Paddy Murphy winners LITTLE BIT & THE OTHERS! They are Big Trivia converts as they have played Curtis' show numerous times and been succesful! Welcome aboard Little Bit and the Others. May your run as a Biggie be as long as your run as an Earthling (or whatever he calls his teams:)

Thanks also to Paddy Cakes, Mac Babes, Second Hand Smoke and Tispsy McStagger and his Boozebag Jamboree for making our first night special! Here's to the future!!

This week will be even better with the addition of Coasters Sports Pub located inside Boardwalk Bowl! This show has a chance to be huge as well! What a great venue this is. It screams trivia!! You will see what I mean when you join me for the show this Thursday at 9pm!!! Come one....screw it...COME ALL!!! Let's show the owners that they made the wise choice as they will now be the Thursday home of the Big Trivia Show. As for our former Thursday home.....eh....nah. They will find out soon enough on what they missed. I am counting on you guys to bring the funk so I hope to see you all this Thursday! Here is the address in case you're not sure where it is.

Coaster’s Sports Pub
Boardwalk Bowl
10749 E Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32817

Next monday (July 7th) will mark the debut of the Big Trivia Happy Hour Show at Copper Rocket. That will be a daily show from 5:30-7p. Please spread the word!

Before I give you the Phraze that Payz, let me tell you what happened to me this weekend! I had my house sprayed for bugs and my bug guy noticed something peculiar in the back yard. It was brown, oddly shaped, and full of berries....Give up????

IT WAS BEAR POOP!!!!! That's right, an actual Bear said hello to me and left his mark by dropping a berry filled duece right by my daughter's swing set. Living in Apopka does have its occurences and this is by far a first for me!!

So this weeks PHRAZE THAT PAYZ IS...............BEAR POOP!!!!!

Wriete this disgusting phraze in the "Phraze That Payz Is.." space and receive 3 extra points on your overall score for the game.


Hope to see you all at Paddy Murphy's and Coasters. Remember, recruit a new BIGGIE and receive a point for each person you bring!

Until we meet again!!

Good Times

Steads

"The Bear Poop Guy"

No comments: